Gofal a Thrwsio Conwy a Sir Ddinbych (Conwy and Denbighshire Care & Repair) help older homeowners and private tenants to repair, adapt and maintain their homes. Home visits are arranged to discuss client’s needs and identify appropriate repairs, maintenance or adaptations, offering solutions, the likely costs and potential sources of funding.
The Charity’s objectives are for the public benefit, the relief of need, sickness, disability and poor health, particularly but not exclusively amongst those over sixty years of age and resident in the areas of Conwy and Denbighshire.
We can provide advice and practical assistance on:
- Staying safe in your own home carrying out a Healthy Homes Check;
- Housing options and solutions to enable you to remain independent in your own home;
- Technical advice and guidance with regard to repairs, improvements and adaptations.
- Income maximisation: Our caseworker can provide you with a benefit assessment to ensure that you are in receipt of the appropriate benefits;
- Recommending contractors from our approved list;
- Practical assistance in organising and monitoring work to ensure work is carried out to a satisfactory standard;
- Help with applying for grants and benefits;
- Applying for grants to make your home warmer;
- Home Fire Safety Check carried out in partnership with North Wales Fire & Rescue Service;
- The Hospital to a Healthier Home Service ensures that essential adaptations are made to a patient’s home so that they can be safely discharged from hospital.
- Managing Better – information and practical help for older people with sensory impairment.
- ‘Gerddi Gwyrdd Home Improvement Service’ – Private works large and small, adaptations, small repairs in the home and garden, fit bathrooms/wet-rooms and complete skilled joinery work.