Our role is to assist older people over the age of 60 and disabled adults who live in private sector housing by providing advice and practical assistance with regards to repairs, renovations, maintenance and adaptations to their homes enabling them to live independently in a safe, warm and secure home.
We can provide advice and practical assistance on:
- Staying safe in your own home carrying out a Healthy Homes Check;
- Housing options and solutions to enable you to remain independent in your own home;
- Technical advice and guidance with regard to repairs, improvements and adaptations.
- Income maximisation: Our caseworker can provide you with a benefit assessment to ensure that you are in receipt of the appropriate benefits;
- Recommending contractors from our approved list;
- Practical assistance in organising and monitoring work to ensure work is carried out to a satisfactory standard;
- Help with applying for grants and benefits;
- Applying for grants to make your home warmer;
- Home Fire Safety Check carried out in partnership with Fire & Rescue Service;
- The Hospital to a Healthier Home Service ensures that essential adaptations are made to a patient’s home so that they can be safely discharged from hospital.
- Managing Better – information and practical help for older people with sensory impairment.